Individual counseling is something just about everyone can benefit from. The goal of individual counseling here at the Relationship Center of Albuquerque is to help our patients identify areas of their life causing stress, anxiety, fear or conflict to help resolve those issues.
For some, it’s about learning conflict resolution with people causing them stress, while others learn to deal with depression and the strong emotions that come with it. Dr. Marji Prefontaine works with each patient individually to offer them the counseling they need.
Here are some of the situations where participating in individual counseling here at the Relationship Center of Albuquerque can help:
1. Teenagers dealing with bullying in school.
2. Anyone with anxiety, extreme stress or depression.
3. Signs of self-harm, such as cutting, eating disorders or cutting.
4. Having thoughts of harming yourself or others.
5. Trouble dealing with loss and grief.
6. Persistent conflicts with friends, roommates or family members.
7. Difficulty adjusting to new changes, like college, a new move or new job.
Individual counseling helps patients come to a realization about what they want in their life, people or situations that are holding them back. It offers them a place to express their feelings without judgment or criticism, and helps them make healthy and positive changes.
To learn more about how individual counseling can help, call us directly at 505-821-1948. When you call, ask us about our free telephone consultation and 20% off discount for the first visit.